Auction Date: March 13, 2024
Auction Location: 10 Newcomen Street, Newcastle NSW 2300
For Sale By Public Auction on 13 March at 11am - If not sold prior
Formerly known as Manufacturers House, stands a magnificent three-story structure designed in the timeless Classic Revival Style. Its exterior showcases an exquisite sandstone-clad facade which has recently undergone significant restoration work to preserve its architectural integrity.
Situated in Newcastle's East End, the property commands a prime corner position at the intersection of Watt and King Street. This highly desirable location offers convenient access to notable attractions such as Newcastle Beach, Nobbys Beach and the picturesque Harbour Foreshore. The building is also in close proximity to the recently opened Nihon University, Light Rail Station, numerous supermarkets, cafes, restaurants and bars.
The property is an authorised boarding house comprising 17 well-appointed rooms and a caretaker's residence. The building has recently undergone significant restoration work to the façade to preserve its architectural integrity
- Current approval for a 17 room boarding house
- DA approval for a 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom rooftop apartment designed by EJE Architects
- Fully let annual income $220.000*
- Outstanding position in the thriving East End of Newcastle
- Close proximity to Newcastle & recently opened Nihon Universities
- Recent capital expenditure and upgrades
- Large roof top terrace area
- Historical high occupancy
- Low residential vacancy rates
- Amenities and kitchen