Information we may collect from you
We only collect information about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. The kinds of personal information we collect include your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, postal address and any other information you choose to provide to us including your credit card details for the purposes of billing. We will generally collect this personally identifiable information from you when you knowingly provide it to us (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so), including:
- when you communicate with us including by electronic means such as email, in person (for example, meetings), over the phone, fax or internet and information in material you send to us including requests for services, sending us questions or other communications, via your use of the services and normal dealings with us, or subscribing to receive updates or other communications from us;
- when you purchase any of our services through the Site; and
- in relation to recruitment or prospective employment with us including job applications, references and related materials.
You are responsible if you choose to provide personally identifying information to us (such as by including your name in the body of an email message). When you provide any personally identifying information to us, you affirm that you are knowingly and voluntarily providing us the information.
When contacting us, you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if it is impracticable for us to communicate with you that way or if we are required or authorised under law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
Use of personal information
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it, for other related purposes and for our reasonable business purposes. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Fulfil the purpose for which it was collected as stated or reasonably apparent at the time of collection;
- To respond to your enquiries and provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you;
- To conduct our business;
- To send you promotional and marketing material which promotes our business and services, including if you have subscribed to receive updates or other communications from us, to send you updates or other communications including electronically, whether by newsletters, electronic direct mail or other means;
- To provide our services to you, and to engage with any subcontractors who may be required to provide those services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To contact you for your views on our services and to notify you about changes or developments to our service;
- For research and analysis purposes including on product or site performance and user behaviour;
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints and for support purposes; and
- To comply with our legal obligations or as required or authorised by law.
You are not obliged to provide your information however, the consequences of a failure to provide your information could result in you being unable to access all the features of our Site, or place an order for our products or services.
If you receive communications from us and no longer wish to, you can advise us at any time that you want to opt-out of receiving such communications.
Disclosure and storage of your information
We work to ensure that the personally identifying information you do intentionally provide us remains private. We will not sell, rent, or trade the personally identifying information you provide to anyone outside of CC unless we are required to do so by law or we have obtained your consent. Please be aware, however, that it may be possible for others to read messages that you send over the Internet, so do not send by electronic communication any information that you would like to keep confidential.
Personal information which we collect and hold is stored within our locally housed data servers in Australia. We utilise some cloud based service providers for specific functions such as email and accounts, who may store certain information on our behalf on servers based in the United States. These service providers are engaged pursuant to terms of service requiring stringent privacy compliance in respect of this data pursuant to the Australian Privacy Principles and applicable law, and the provisions of this policy, as applicable.
We will never intentionally lose effective control of your data.
We will not collect use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent and where it is necessary for our specific business functions or activities, as required by law, or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian privacy legislation or other applicable legislation.
Retention of data
Except if your information is required to be retained by law or in accordance with our financial reporting obligations, we will hold your information for as long as we require it, or until you notify us that you no longer wish to hold your account.
Security, access and other rights
We will take all reasonable steps to:
- ensure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and to
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
If you would like to access or correct personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at [[email protected]] or [ . Please note that we may deny access or correction of personal information to you to the extent that: (i) providing access/correction would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual; (ii) providing access/correction would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; (iii) your request for access/correction is frivolous or vexatious; or (iv) it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access/correction in accordance with the applicable privacy laws. We may charge a reasonable fee for the cost of retrieving your information.
Contact and Complaints
If you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or any other applicable privacy law or code, please contact us by calling [.
We take such matters very seriously and, we shall review your complaint and respond to any concerns promptly, usually within fourteen (14) working days or any other period as required by relevant legislation.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints).